Subpoena Services You Can Count On
Jan 30 2017 | posted by Law & Order
At Law and Order Records Retrieval, we take every precaution to ensure that our agents conduct our client’s subpoena services in accord with state and federal law. This is crucial because, as you know, a case’s outcome often hinges not only on evidence and precedent but also on how carefully the acting parties follow procedure.
That’s why we’re meticulous
about details like these:
1. We only serve subpoenas on days and times when it is legal to do so.
2. We serve subpoenas at the recipient’s residence and/or usual place of business whenever possible. In the event we cannot locate the intended recipient, we seek court permission to leave a true copy of the citation with a responsible party who is at least 16 years of age. Occasionally, we seek authorization to serve the subpoena via another method, but only with prior court authorization and only when necessitated by the circumstances.
3. The person conducting our subpoena services completes a return of service that includes the case name and number, the court in which the case was filed, the person served, the address at which service took place, and other details as required by law.
4. In the event we’re unable to serve a subpoena, we record every step we took during the attempt. We do this to both protect our clients and demonstrate our good faith efforts.
5. We exercise courtesy, discretion, and professionalism at all times while performing subpoena services. We are well aware that the court of public opinion is just as important as a formal court room to the outcome of your case. We act accordingly.
We hope this post gives you a better picture of what to expect when you engage our subpoena services. Please
contact us today for more information to arrange an initial consultation.