Not Sure What Kind of Litigation Support Services You Need?
May 1 2013 | posted by LORR Team
Employing litigation support services can mean the difference between winning and losing your case. They can give you the extra leg up on your opponent, and ensure you have the best, most thorough case possible. However, what exactly are litigation support services? And which ones do you need?
Litigation support services essentially help you put your case together. While you’re the brains of the operation, devising overall strategy and direction, we’re the brawn. We do the leg work. Put simply, you solve the puzzle; we gather the pieces for you.
Types of Litigation Support Services
There are a number of types of litigation support services you can utilize for your case. From a cut and dry divorce to the most complicated accident or insurance case possible, litigation support services can help each and every case you handle in some way, shape, or form.
Here are some litigation support services we offer here at LORR:
• Record retrieval – Need medical, payroll, or business records? Or maybe your case requires a police report? Our record retrieval services can handle the red tape for you and get these records in your hands quickly and efficiently.
• Online repository – Store your entire case file digitally, instead of lugging around countless binders, boxes, and folders. Access it from anywhere in the world, 24-7 via the web. It’s quick, it’s easy, and it saves on storage space!
• Videography and photography – We can help you sway the jury with strong videos and images that document accident scenes and property damage, show witness statements or depositions, or depict a day in the life of your client.
• Presentations and exhibits – Whether you need a presentation for use in trial, during mediation, or just for marketing your firm, we can help. We offer digital or print presentations, which can include photos, videos, transcripts, pleadings, and more. We can also create slide shows, PowerPoint presentations, trial boards, and more – whatever your case needs to be successful.
• Process service – We’ll pick up citations and subpoenas from the courthouse and issue them to witnesses or parties you need for your case, saving your time, money, and effort.
Deciding Which Litigation Support Services to Use
There’s no hard and fast way to determine which support services you should enlist. There are, however, a number of factors and considerations you should take into account when looking at support options.
Some factors you should consider are:
• Your case – What type of case are you handling? Do you need medical records, police reports, or other documents to use for evidence? Will you be appearing for a jury? If so, could you benefit from visual tools like slideshows, videos, or trial boards?
• Your office’s capabilities – What is your staff like? Is there someone on board who can handle records requests, serving subpoenas, or build out exhibits in a timely and efficient way? Or would your office be better off outsourcing those needs to more qualified professionals?
• Your office’s caseload – How many cases is your team currently handling? Could they manage another one on their plates without the quality of their work suffering? Would having an expert hand in the mix help ease the load?
• Your timeframe – How quickly does your case need to be ready to go? Can you and your current team handle all points of the case in the timeframe given? Are there tasks that could be outsourced to a litigation support company that would help you make better use of time?
Once you’ve considered these factors, you should have a better idea as to whether litigation support services are right for you.
Ready to Hire Litigation Support Services?
Think any of our litigation support services can help you build a stronger case? Contact Law & Order Record Retrieval at 800-736-9105 today!